At the Total Health Practice, we believe that everyone deserves to be happy, to be confident in themselves and with others, and to be as fulfilled as possible in their personal and working lives.
Our ICF registered coaches have assisted many people to understand themselves better, to sort out what is worrying them or holding them back, to identify ways to move forward with clarity and confidence and to break down those real (or perceived) barriers that stand in the way of their progress.
Below is a list of some of the areas where we have helped our clients to overcome issues:
- Self-esteem and Self-confidence
- Personal development
- Decision making
- Career change
- Work-life balance
- Stress management
- Communication with others
- Relationships with colleagues, friends or family
If you too would like some assistance to resolve issues in these areas or simply you believe life, is just not the way you want it to be then why not contact us today? Let’s work together so you can start living the life you love.
Below we have compiled some typical questions and answers that we think may help you with some initial questions.
So what is coaching?
Probably one of the best analogies for coaching is within sport. Serious sports men and women would not contemplate entering an event without taking a coach. Why, so they can achieve their absolute best. And so, in life if you are serious about achieving your best at work or with your family and friends why not consider taking a coach? Much like sports men or women who want to achieve their best, be that in the Olympics, a local marathon, or even the Sunday football team, so for all of us too, we get just one life, so why not live the best life that you can?
Coaching works because of three unique features:
Synergy: The coachee and coach become a team focussing on the coachee’s goals and needs to accomplish more than the coachee could alone.
Structure: With a coach, the coachee takes more action, thinks bigger and wider and gets the job done thanks to the accountability the coach provides.
Expertise: Our coaches are trained to know how to help individuals, entrepreneurs, businesses and executives to make better decisions, to set the best goals, to make transitions and restructure their personal and business lives to be more productive and rewarding.
How can coaching help me?
The simple answer is if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions below then coaching is likely to be right for you.
- I want better relationships with others; at work, at home, and with friends.
- I want more time and a better work life balance
- I want to change my career direction
- I want more from my working life
- I want more from my personal life
- I want to get out of this rut and get more from my life
Better still contact us and we will send you our complimentary document on ‘101 things you can work on with your coach’.
How to choose a coach
Selecting a coach is a very personal decision yet there are some key points that you should consider when selecting a coach.
- Is the coach a member of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)? This is the principle international regulating body for the coaching profession and requires all ICF registered coaches to adhere to a strict code of practice and ethics. (Please take care if you select a coach that is not an ICF member.)
- Has your coach trained and graduated from an ICF accredited training program ensuring they are properly qualified as a coach?
- Does the coach have a track record of helping someone like you to accomplish the goals you want?
- Do you trust this coach and are you motivated to act with this coach sharing totally your thoughts and feelings?
- Will this coach keep up with you, bring out your best, and stay ahead of you, as you grow?
- Does the coach offer you the first session free (as we do at the Total Health Practice) as an opportunity for you to get to know each other and explore how and if you could work together?
What can I expect from my coach?
Our coaches will honour the values of honesty, integrity, respect and confidentiality with you at all times. You will have the coach’s total attention throughout your sessions together. Your coach will listen intently to what you say, what you are trying to say, and even to what you are not saying. Your coach will ask you questions, sometimes direct, often probing, that will challenge you to search deeply within yourself. Your coach will enable you to move forward toward your goals, to maintain your focus and keep you on track. On occasions your coach will offer you scenarios, insights or tools that your coach believes will assist you to take decisions or provide you with further insight; it will always be your decision to use them. Your coach will bring out your best and ask you to do more than you would do on your own; stretching you as and when the circumstances are right for you. Your coach will hold you accountable to achieve those things that you say you will do during your sessions and your coach will summarise them to you in writing after each session.
What is expected from me as a coachee?
We want you to enjoy your sessions with your coach. Your coach wants you to be honest and confident to share your true thoughts and feelings within the safe and confidential environment that you will have with your coach. Your coach wants you to be open to the ideas and thoughts that you both discuss and to embrace the challenges and the concepts that you explore together. Your coach wants you to listen to what is said to you and for you to complete what you say you will do before the next session.
Why not contact us today at the Total Health Practice, for your complimentary first coaching session on 0207 498 8171